Words I wish I could spell correctly on the first try:
- Delicious – I swear there’s another ‘s’ in there somewhere.
- Aesthetic – For once a word that is easier to spell if you have a lisp.
- Conscience – But what if I’m not conscious of my conscience?
- Peruse – Paruse. Puruse. Pursue. Persue. What word am I trying to spell again?
Words I should just start using less:
- Just – It’s just so useful!
Words I should start using more:
- Revivify – It feels funny when you say it.
Words that confuse me:
- Humility – Supposedly a derivation of the word ‘humble’, this looks more like humiliation to me.
Clearly, it took me a little longer to write this post. In the hopes of finally being able to learn to spell these words I have forbidden myself from using spell-check. I must try until I get it right. Of course, I really hate it when I finally think I’ve spelled a word correctly and then Spell-check blinds me with it’s blaring red underline of doom. Gee, thanks, Spell-check for enabling me. Thanks for constantly reminding me that I have never won a spelling bee. Thanks for making my generation stupider…er more stupid. Aha! Take that Spell-check! Stupider isn’t a word! I got you this time!